September 17, 2006

...



You moved like honey in my dream last night/ Yeah, some old fires were burning/
You came near to me and you endeared to me/ But you couldn't quite discern me/
Does that scare you?/ I'let you run away/ But your heart will not oblige you
You'll remember me like a melody/ Yeah, I'll haunt the world inside you/
And my big secret - gonna win you over/
Slow like honey, heavy with mood
I'll let you see me, I'll cover your regard/
I'll invade your demeanor

And you'll yield to me like a scent in the breeze/
And you'll wonder what it is about me
It's my big secret - keeping you coming/
Slow like honey, heavy with mood
Though dreams can be deceiving/
Like faces are to hearts

They serve for sweet relieving/
When fantasy and reality lie too far apart
So I stretch myself across, like a bridge/
And I pull you to the edge

And stand there waiting/ Trying to attain/ The end to satisfy the story
Shall I release you?/ Must I release you?/
As I rise to meet my glory
But my big secret/
Gonna hover over your life/ Gonna keep you reaching

When I'm gone like yesterday/ When I'm high like heaven/
When I'm strong like music
'cuz I'm slow like honey, and/ Heavy with mood

(Fiona Apple)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home