April 15, 2007

Evening tea at the Swamp Bottom…


… or wherever you dream of…


“Have a seat… I’ll make you some tea…” said Zeniba.
And the blue-eyes girl loved her idea... istinctively.
That magical water always reminded her of...

Mani che raccolgono calore…
Piedi scalzi ed un maglione da ballerina che scivola da una spalla…
Sedersi a gambe incrociate su un tappeto, contatto con la terra…
Capelli sciolti profumati di mandorle…
Indossare morbiti abiti intessuti dal tempo…
Reminescenza liquida… ed armonia di contrasti...
Guardarsi negli occhi…
Serenità di parole esaltate da fumi odorosi... e limpidi acquei colori...
Un passato fatto di foglie in un presente che profuma di futuro…
Il rieccheggiare di condivisi pensieri altrui...
"Non si può mentire davanti ad una tazza di tè…"...
"Il tè è un anelito, un modo di cogliere il senso della vita,
una conquista del gusto e dei sensi… "...
"Si beve il tè per dimenticare il frastuono del mondo…"...
... and yes...

"Nothing that happens is ever forgotten, even if you can’t remember it…"
... nothing.


The first cup caresses my dry lips and throat,
The second shatters the walls of my lonely sadness,
The third searches the dry rivulets of my soul
to find the stories of five thousand scrolls.
With the fourth, the pain of past injustice vanishes through my pores.
The fifth purifies my flesh and bone.
With the sixth, I am in touch with the immortals.
The seventh gives such pleasure I can hardly bear.
The fresh wind blows through my wings as I make my way to Penglai.


(poema di Lu Tong, scolaro durante la Dinastia Tang - 619-907 d.C. -)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

L - Do you know the Chinese words on the tea pot? It says "long live forever". Also, "penglai" means heaven.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 8:30:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. It's healthy to have the eighth cup.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 9:11:00 am  
Blogger Lady Door said...

Hi Cai,
how are you?
I'm two months late but I'm still alive ^^. I didn't know the meaning of the Chinese words on the teapot but I've always thought it's a beautiful inspiring image, moreover I'm addicted to tea and I love the chinese writing so I let my soul's eyes guide me. Now that I know (thank you!) what those wonderful ideograms mean I love it even more, they paint a wish full of deep beauty... specially for who truly believes in "forever"... ^___^

Hugs
Chiara

ps: I thought "Penglai" was also a sacred mountain, was I wrong?

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 11:36:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home